Sunday, December 23, 2007

Very Bad News

I have very bad news. I lost my RC parachute plane. On Sat. morning on 12-22-07 at about 7:45 am I was at my parents house getting ready to take the kids to see a movie that my brother in law was hosting for his office. I had about 20 min. before we had to leave. The wind at the surface seemed less than 5 mph. I thought I have enough time to get one quick flight in. I got my "Go Cards" parachute out and had a very nice rolling take off. It quickly climbed to about 100 ft with the wind. I turned it into the wind to bring it back to me. My plane was just standing there in the air not move. Then I noticed that it was getting farther away from me. I tried to give it more throttle but it would just climb higher. I thought about cutting the engine but by then it was over my parents not so friendly neighbor house plus there are a lot of trees in the area. It just keep getting further and further away. I tried to tact it into the wind going sideways, but it was getting hard to see which direction it was going. There is a tree line behind the neighbors house and be hind it is a subdivision with golf course. I felt it was over the main fair war so I cut the engine and it appeared to float to the ground. I quickly jumped in my car and drove over to the subdivision. I looked where I thought it should be. It had not even been 5min. I could find nothing so I drove around looking at the trees, houses, street and golf course. I could not see anything. So I parked and walked/ran thought the golf course. It was to early for any golfers to be out and I felt it should be easy to find on the ground, in a tree, or on a house. I could not find it anywhere. After looking for 45 mins. I had to go take the kids to the movie. After the movie I went and looked again for another 1hr and 1/2. I asked the club house if anything had been turned in and very golfer and resident that I came across if they had seen anything. It was all for not. I think some had to have stolen it. I probably hit their house and they went out and took it. Needless to say it was a very bad day.

http://www.seabreezeparachutes.com/testflight/82-go-cards-10-25-07.wmv

No comments: