Friday, April 11, 2008

Any thoughts on Batteries

I am looking for info. on how I can take my RC Parachute plane with me on vacation. The airlines will no longer let you travel with lipo batteries. My plane uses a 11.1v 5000mAh battery. I was wondering if anyone out there knew if there where any other options. I have found on Tower Hobbies a Integy Intellect 9-Cell 10.8V 3600mAh NiMH Stick Pack. My plane can carry easily another pound of weight. I think the voltage would work and I would have 6-8 min fight time, but I am not sure. I also thought that I could rig something up with alkaline batteries in a series or in parrallel, but I don't know the amps or volts and I do not want to burn up my ESC. I think only Ethan reads my blog, Hi Ethan, but it would be really cool if I could bring my parachute out to Utah and fly it and video with it there or anywhere else I go. We were driving up to Cincinnati yesterday and went by the Kentucky Motor Speedway and I thought to my self. It would be cool to stop for a few minuets and fly around here and video this place. I am planing this summer to video the local RC air field, my parents farm and some of the sight around Louisville. Anyways any thought would be appreciated

1 comment:

SLC Spin said...

It would be cool to fly it around spots in southern Utah.

Imagine filming over Goblin Valley or something like that.

Crazy.